Climate Change & Society PSM
The new Climate Change and Society (CCS) degree program at NC State is designed to give students an appropriate background in climate change science and its implications for society to allow them to make informed policy and business decisions.
The degree is appropriate for any student that plans a career in either the public or private sector, as climate change affects nearly every aspect of society. The PSM is designed so that those with a math or science background will have the opportunity to learn vital communications skills and the policy process, as well as those with a liberal arts or business background so they will gain fundamental knowledge of climate science.
This is a one year degree combining climate change science and climate-sensitive social-economic sector information for the development of sound decisions for adaptation to and mitigation of climate change.
The degree program is intended for students interested in careers in planning or policy and professionals working in government agencies or private sector firms concerned with any aspect of planning or setting policies affected by global climate change.
- 1-year program
- Open to scientists and non-scientists
- Experiential learning opportunities
- Learn from international experts in climate science, economics, policy and other sectors impacted by climate
- Work in industry, government or non-profit sector
- Address the global need for expertise in climate change impacts
- Positively impact economic development and public safety
- Full- and part-time options available Read More »
Spring 2013 Offerings
Courses for the Spring 2013 semester are available. Read More »
Why a PSM?
The Professional Science Master’s (PSM) is an innovative graduate degree designed to allow students to pursue advanced training in science or mathematics while simultaneously developing workplace skills highly valued by employers. Read More